Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Small Truck


April 24-25, 2012
Well, it's done. We are the new owners of a regular-height truck. For a bit there, it looked like we were going to have to declare the truck stolen. We didn't get it back on Tuesday, and after waiting most of Wednesday, FINALLY the guy showed up with the truck. I guess there was a bit of drama with the wrong part being sent multiple times. Also, the job turned out more difficult than was anticipated. We were quoted a price of $980, and ended up paying $1300. But, Jeremiah said we still got a good deal, since the guy worked 15 hours but only charged us for 4. I'm not used to the new look of the truck yet, it seems so small. Hopefully it will work better pulling the fitty. That will be put to the test in the next coupla days maybe.
I don't think there's much more to report from these days. Our days pretty much consist of a morning fire, reading time in the hammocks and hikes with the dogs. It's been really lovely here, but I'm kinda looking forward to finding another campsite a little lower in elevation. We've been trapped here for a whole week (whilst the truck was in the shop) and I don't feel like I've taken one decent deep breath the whole time. Tomorrow, we'll be heading down the mountain for some shopping and internets time. I'll finally get a chance to post to the blog. Have you missed me? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment