Friday, April 27, 2012

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr




April 27, 2012
Man…did you know it can get quite cold at the top of a mountain? Overnight, we had rain that changed into sleet/snow as the temps dropped. In the morning, it was in the low 30s. With the overcast skies denying us the usual quick sunrise warmup, we decided to stay in the rig all morning. We huddled under our comforters, reading. I also tried out the sodoku puzzle app that I'd loaded onto my phone. I wanted to have something to challenge my mind that I could do around the campfire. It took me a bit of struggle to get the hang of it (only about 6 or 7 do-overs). But I've got the hang of it, and I find it enjoyable. Missy said that I look like an old lady. :-(
It was windy and cold all day. We did get peeks of sun, but since there's still a strong wind, it never warmed up. Whose bright idea was it to come here anyway? I miss the warm TN days. I miss being able to wear shorts and t-shirts. Maybe we should think seriously about moving back down the mountain and into Santa Fe. On the one hand, it's nice and hot and sunny there. But on the other hand, there's no pine trees and forest splendor. Decisions, decisions. I'll stop writing about that now, because I'm sure that I'm making you, the reader, on the verge of tears on our behalf.
Missy took Cassie on a hike on the up-hill trail. She said she had the same difficulties I'd had with moving slooooooooooow going up. Such a strange feeling. She said Cassie looked disappointed when she turned to go home. That dog could hike for hours if allowed.
Nothing else to report for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment