Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Rainbow Springs SP. Dunnelon, FL

November 8-10, 2015

Getting here was a tough one.  Lots of heavy rain, and the rear camera kept going out so it was hard to see if I was staying in my lane.    And Oscar didn't once jump onto Missy and scare the beejeesus out of her.   I can usually count on that happening 2-3 times for hilarious entertainment.

About a month back when I was looking for places to stay, I was excited to see some openings at this park.  It's extremely popular and busy, so I assume I snapped up someone elses's cancellation.   I could only get 4 days, so you can imagine our disappointment that yesterday was all day rain.  Grrr.

We did make the most of it.  I patched the hole in my SUP.  I give it a 50% chance of working.   My hole was in an akward side seam area, so I couldn't maintain a nice, flat patch area.    We also worked on cleaning up a shroom/mold area I found under the couch when looking for Oscar's favorite toys.   I'm certain it's from a leak on the underside of the slideout.   I'll have to wait until we will be parked for more than a week and have lower humidity to get some sealant or Eternabond on that.   Cleaning was a bitch because the sofa is bolted to the floor.

But today we'll get onto the river!    That's what this place is about.   150 feet water clarity.  Playful otters.   Sunning turtles.  Mid 80 degree days with constant 72 degree water.   I'm charging the waterproof camera, so hopefully we'll get some good pix.  I can't wait!



I've been walking Oscar every day.  He LOVES it!

Now he waits by the entry and SCREAMS a lot when I don't have him outside like he wants.

Mia in the small cat bed.

1 comment: